Our company directors Tony and Bruce are hands-on executives with a combined 65+ years of experience in civil construction, they’re actively involved with every project. Tony’s specialty is residential and commercial construction, including subdivisions, while Bruce’s specialty is large-scale civil and farm contracts.
Our management teams promote collaboration and communication between staff, consultants and clients to ensure best construction practices and full client satisfaction. Our divisions include commercial and residential construction, demolition, excavation, drainage, road works, landscaping and farming infrastructure.
As part of our commitment to maintaining high standards, Paul Smith Earthmoving’s management staff are encouraged to attend courses relating to management, employment relations, and communication skills. Many of our managers have completed NZTA level 5 and 6 National Qualifications in Project Management, Civil and Infrastructure Works.
Advance Plant and Machinery
Paul Smith Earthmoving has an extensive range of advanced plant and machinery, including 1.8 to 65 ton excavators, graders, loaders, scrapers, dozers and rollers in a variety of sizes. In addition, we have small plant, such as plate compactors, breakers, water pumps, generators and more… Our in-house plant is available on demand, plus our well-maintained fleet of trucks, trailers, dumpers and utilities ensure efficient movement of all people, plant and product.
With three fully serviced workshops complete with full-time mechanics, engineers and workshop labourers, rest assured all of our plant and machinery are in excellent condition. In addition, our extensive hire agreements ensure we’re able to source additional resources to meet client demands.
Paul Smith Earthmoving utilises state-of-the-art financial, operational and project management systems. Our advanced solutions enable supervisors and managers to keep on top of any project in real-time, while our transparent financial systems ensure we’re always up-to-date with real-time cost tracking to uphold our commitment to ‘no surprises’ for our clients. Our digital solutions include:
- Damstra – Risk management software offering real-time incident reporting, plus company-wide communication of all health, safety and quality requirements.
- ERoad™ – A cutting-edge GPS enabled fleet management system designed to increase overall project efficiencies and uphold health and safety commitments.
- HydroVac – Swift, safe and precise excavation with pressurised water to reduce and/or eliminate structural and environmental damage.
- Leica™ icon GPS – An ultra-precise GPS Smart Antenna that pairs intelligent communication with GNSS technology for reliable measurements and on-site positioning.
- Leica™ Geosystems icontrol 3D Grading solution – An automatic highly accurate grader blade control system powered by sensors and GNSS technology to increase machine performance and deliver to exact 3D project specifications.
- Microsoft Project Professional™ – A world-leading planning and management tool designed to support virtual collaboration and detailed project tracking.
- Workbench™ – An integrative project management software designed to provide real-time budget expenditure for close monitoring of every aspect of any project.