Paul Smith Earthmoving has branches in Christchurch, Timaru, Central Otago, Ashburton, Greymouth, and Twizel. With 180+ highly skilled staff members, we offer extensive in-house experience and technical skills across all aspects of civil construction, including:
- Commercial and residential construction projects, including management of utility installations
- Demolition and excavation, including safe removal of hazardous waste
- Road construction, including kerbing, line marking, footpaths, and road surfacing
- Drainage, including repairs, maintenance and fully customised drainage systems
- Farming infrastructure, including soakage pits, retention basins, swales, and ponds
- Landscaping, including fencing, pavers, raised beds and rock retaining walls
We’ve built a strong reputation through close client relationships and a proven track record of successful delivery.
Through early contractor involvement, we contribute to value engineering, foster early stage cost savings, and generate the most effective end-to-end solutions. Recent high-profile projects that benefited from our early stage contributions include:
With a range of mechanics, engineers and workshop labourers to maintain our advanced fleet complete with real-time GPS technologies, we’re able to respond to client requirements by:
- Providing a flexible supply of modern well-maintained fleet at all times.
- Using ERoad™ GPS tracking to monitor time, as well as health and safety commitments.
- Delivering precise millimetre project specifications using GPS technologies.
We’ve successfully delivered projects in all types of conditions, including challenging and diverse circumstances. Recent challenges include:
- Beach Grove Subdivision Stages 2, 3, & 4 in Kaiapoi – Creating specialised TMP requirements to establish safe truck routes through school zones and high traffic areas.
- Amuri Irrigation Scheme in Culverden – Installation of a 130km+ pipe distribution network across North Canterbury.
- Bay Hill Developments in Timaru – Hotel demolition including safe removal of asbestos with specialised equipment.
- Upper Fraser Hydro Power Scheme – 4,000m of high pressure GRP installation with over 123 bends all installed on a sloped hillside.